Welcome to a Commercial & Private Airport located in the Historic Community of Digby
Nova Scotia’s highest airport at 499 feet above sea level capable of accommodating medium, twin-engine aircraft.
Important Information About Drones!
About the Airport
- The Airport sits on 500 acres of land with a 3950 X 75-foot runway
- The airport is equipped with AVGAS, Jet Fuel, and ground phone services
- The Airport Office is staffed 24 hours 7 days a week
- The airport lounge has washroom facilities and internet access. Snacks and refreshments and a place to relax
- Transportation to the Town of Digby is only 6 km away
- Car rental contact Enterprise Car Rental at Bruce Chevrolet (902) 245-5936
- Distance to the Town of Digby home of the World Famous Digby Scallops 6 km
- Provincial Capital 250 km
- Halifax Regional Airport ground 290 km
- Radio Communications Digby Unicom 122.88
For more information please contact:
1266 Bloomfield Road
(902) 245-5885 Fax 245-6372
Municipal Airport / Emergency Dispatch Employees
Phone: (902) 245-5885
- Kenny Carter
- Cheri Howe
- Scott Cromwell
- Paulette Walker
- Bentley Rice
- Mike Rhora
- Tim Long
- Jeannie Ann Underwood
- Darlene Crowell
- Loretta Trefry
- Pierce MacKinnon
Digby REMO Coordinator
Public Works Foreman
Maintenance / Snow Removal
The Municipality of Digby has owned and operated an emergency dispatch center at the Municipal Airport for the last 25 years.
The center which is manned 24 hours a day creates five full time, along with eight part-time positions. They currently answer emergency phone lines and dispatch 31 fire departments from East Pubnico through to Bear River. the dispatch centre has an automatic generator that comes into operation whenever the power is out. There is also a backup dispatch centre at the town public Works building in Digby. This also has a full generator back up.
When a resident calls 911, their call automatically goes to a Provincial 911 center which determines what emergency service is initially required and then this call is transferred either to the RCMP, EHS or FIRE Dispatch. Once the center at the airport has received the call they determine along with consultation from the 911 dispatcher which fire department is required, what the emergency is, where the emergency is and with who.
The staff at the center follow conclusive procedures to dispatch the Fire Department and assist them while they are on scene until arriving back to their hall. All emergency calls are recorded and kept on file for a minimum of 10 years.
A database is maintained at the airport to enable the dispatcher to relay more pertinent information regarding the resident having the emergency especially if any hazards, such as propane etc. are present on the scene. All emergency calls are recorded and kept on record. The dispatchers are very multi-tasked individuals as well, maintaining the smooth operation of the airport office, answering all dog control and wastewater and Digby REMO related calls on a daily basis.
The Municipality of Digby is very fortunate to be able to maintain its own emergency center.